ALFABS - Invest in Operator Overhead Protection
Wednesday 29 October 2014 @ 14:59
THE EAST COAST BASED ALFABS GROUP IS A WELL ESTABLISHED HEAVY ENGINEERING COMPANY WHICH PRINCIPALLY SERVICES THE MINING INDUSTRY. AS A COMPANY COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE SAFETY, ALFABS WERE ONE OF THE FIRST COMPANIES IN AUSTRALIA TO ORDER AND INSTALL THE GENIE OPERATOR PROTECTION STRUCTURE (OPS).
Alfabs were the first company to fit OPS to all Genie® units in their fleet. Up until about a year ago, Alfabs sourced access equipment for their contractual needs from a local hire company.
However, to provide a heightened level of customer support, Alfabs established their own access hire division bringing into their operation a range of Genie® boom lifts which included the Genie® Z™-135, Genie® Z™-80/60 and Genie® Z™-45/25 models.
Alfabs has a diverse range of operations which covers steel fabrication, a large paint shop and the design/construction of underground mining equipment. The access hire division is relatively small but is set to grow steadily in line with client demand.
Following a well publicised mining incident in NSW, Alfabs took it upon themselves to upgrade their Genie® fleet for the benefit of their customers and the safety of operators.
“I was aware that Genie had an OPS system available,” said Roger McLoughlin, Business Development Manager at Alfabs. “We began working with Brent Markwell at Genie to have the OPS units fitted to all of our Genie boom lifts when they were delivered. We believe that this was the responsible action to take for the benefit of our customers.”
All of the Genie boom lifts operated by Alfabs are used in above ground work situations. All three Genie® Z™-80/60 boom lifts are factory fitted with the OPS and are out onsite and working with customers.
“At Alfabs we take operator safety very seriously. Following the incident in NSW, we took the initiative and introduced the OPS program well before the Government investigation was completed and any recommendations presented.”
“Genie provided first rate support not only to us but also directly to our clients. Their delivery, handover and training processes are the very best in the business by far.”
“It is important to support our clients in every way possible. Our clients appreciate our initiative in this respect, especially as we offered the extra safety OPS feature without any increase in the hire rate.”
- SMARTLINK Control System
- Improved Drive Genie Scissors Climb Better
- Genie Technical Department Does The Heavy Lifting
- Non-Marking Tyres Suit Genie® Z-34/22
- Youngman Richardson & Co Backs Annual NZ Conference
- 73 HIRE - Growing with Genie
- Operations Group Reinforces Genie Can Do Principals
- WA EWPA - Trade Night
- Access Hire Opens Newcastle Branch
- Genie SX-180 Boom Lift Delivering Maintenance Efficiencies
- Youngman Richardson & Co, Build Genie Market Strength
- ALFABS - Invest in Operator Overhead Protection
- Lighting up the roads for the night crew
- Genie Establishes Darwin Branch
- Genie Delivers Overhead Protection for Operators
- Genie announces an update to its existing SmartLink control system
- Bauma China 2014
- Genie On-Line Training More Accessible
- Report on the Asia Pacific Region Spring 2014
- General Manager's Message Spring 2014
- Consider this for Equipment Finance