Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
Monday 07 April 2014 @ 09:51
The revolutionary new Genie® SX-180 boom lift is set for its Australian debut on the Gold Coast at the annual HRIA Convention. Fittingly, the arrival of the very first production Genie SX-180 unit in Australia coincides perfectly with the national convention.
The Genie SX-180 self-propelled telescopic boom lift set the industry standard when launched in Europe in 2013 with a maximum platform height of 54.86 m (180 ft).
“Presenting the SX-180 boom lift to the industry on the Gold Coast is a landmark event for Genie in Australia,” said Brad Lawrence, General Manager of Genie in Australia.
“To give this amazing boom lift some perspective, the SX-180 will virtually reach to the top of a twenty storey building. It is quite amazing that at full height, the SX-180 boom lift can move under its own power.”
At HIRE 14, the Genie SX-180 boom lift will be the absolute highlight of the annual trade convention. Delegates will be able to see the SX-180 up close and at the same time experience this exceptional performance of the boom lift.
Orders placed for the Genie SX-180 boom lift in the Australian market have been well ahead of expectations. After completing duties at HIRE 14, the first Genie SX-180 unit will be delivered to its new home in Australia. Thereafter orders will be filled in Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria. The SX-180 boom lift is ideal for applications in the oil and gas industries, commercial construction, industrial construction and maintenance and general maintenance.
“The Genie SX-180 boom lift is designed to be productive, reliable and easy to transport,” said Brad Lawrence.
“As our customers will see at HIRE 14, we have pushed the limits of innovation in the aerial industry by successfully producing results well beyond expectations.”
About the Genie® SX-180
The Genie SX-180 is built to safely and quickly lift operators higher than any previously offered Genie self-propelled boom lift.
With a 54.86 m (180 ft) vertical reach and 24.38 m (80 ft) horizontal reach, the Genie SX-180 boom lift provides a working envelope ideal for the most extreme access jobs. The 2.44 m (8 ft) by 0.91 m (3 ft) platform has maximum capacity of 340 kg (750 lb). The 3.05 m (10 ft), 135° (vertical) and 60°(horizontal), rotating jib positions workers and gear exactly where they are needed.
The Genie SX-180 unit is designed to be driven at height. Travel speeds vary based on boom position and range from 3.7 km/h (2.3 mph) with the boom in the stowed position, 0.65 km/h (0.4 mph) below 38.1 m (125 ft) and 0.17 km/hr (0.1 mph) above 38.1 m (125 ft).
The newly designed XChassis™ system extends and retracts the axles to provide both stability on the job and a narrow profile for transport. The boom lift’s stowed dimensions are 3.05 m (10 ft) in height and 2.49 m (8 ft 2 in) wide. With a stowed length of 12.98 m (42 ft 7 in), the 24,902 kg (54,900 lbs) machine does not require over width or over height permits allowing it to be easily transported on a truck.
The Genie SX-180 boom lift is designed with reliability and serviceability in mind. There is easy access to important systems and components, robust hose and harness routings and access to slew bearing bolts from topside. The rotating jib offers a robust slew bearing and worm drive arrangement.
New platform controls consist of toggle switches and fully proportional jib and boom controls. The ground controls offer an updated function diagram layout and tactile membrane switches. A 189 litre (50 US gallons) fuel tank for long run time and a 7.5 kW 240 V 50 Hz generator are both standard equipment.
For more information on the Genie SX-180 boom lift, contact your local Sales Manager on 1800 788 633.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts