Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
Friday 31 January 2014 @ 14:57
Genie has released two rugged lighting towers, specifically designed for tough work on Australian job sites. The Genie® AL™6 series lighting towers are wholly Australian designed and manufactured in Sydney.
There are two AL6 light tower models available, the 6000 W Genie AL6-6000 and 9000 W Genie AL6-9000. Both feature a compact chassis, Kubota® diesel engine, retractable drawbar and hydraulic mast. Where applications require, mine specification and hydraulic outriggers are also available as an option.
When fully extended, the mast height of the AL6-6000 light tower reaches 8.40 m high. When retracted and stowed, the overall height of the trailer is just 2.30 m. Total weight for towing is approximately 1480 kg. A 160 litre fuel tank provides sufficient diesel fuel for approximately 70 hours of continuous operation.
According to Brad Lawrence, General Manager of Terex Aerial Work Platforms Australia, the development of the new Genie AL6 series has been in direct response to customer demand.
“We have been fielding queries from our customers to supply a Genie branded, quality, mine-specified lighting tower,” Brad Lawrence said.
“We researched the market and felt that there was an opportunity to provide an Australian-built lighting tower; one that measures up to the Genie standards of quality and performance. The Genie AL6 series light tower is the outcome of our development work with our Sydney supplier.”
The key features behind the Genie AL6 series light towers relate to ease of set up and operation.
The retractable drawbar ensures that the lighting tower is compact both on site and in transit. In fact with the drawbar retracted and the mast stowed, six AL6-6000 units can be carried on a standard flatbed truck.
On site, the hydraulic mast allows operators to easily set up the lighting tower with minimal effort. With this unit, there is no need for winches and cables; set up is achieved with the flick of a switch and the three stage mast is up and working.
The mast can be manually rotated while the light head can be tilted electrically from the ground control station for precise illumination of the work area.
Genie released prototype Genie AL6-6000 light tower units to their customer base for pre-production evaluation. The feedback received was very positive and indicated that the light tower would be well accepted by the mining sector.
The Genie AL6-series light towers are available exclusively through the Genie sales network and will be supported by the extensive Genie parts and service network throughout Australia.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts