Quality products and aftermarket service are assets for ACT hire company
Monday 16 February 2015 @ 14:34
In 2011, Canberra builders Peter and Darrell Leemhuis realised that the nation’s capital had a shortage of quality access hire companies.
For a number of years, the pair, who own and operate local construction firm A&P Leemhuis Builders, had done business with a contact at a local hire firm who understood their business and the vagaries of the local environment and council regulations.
However when the hire firm was acquired in a national takeover, Peter and Darrell lost their contact and the level of service they’d come to expect. Peter and Darrell soon felt the loss of their trusted ally and recognised that other local building firms would be hurting too.
Within a year, Peter and Darrell had established Asset Construction Hire (ACH) and set about building a team of some of the best staff in the access hire industry. “We started with 30 machines and today we have in excess of 250,” said Hunter Cocks, Branch Manager, ACH. “Apart from Canberra, we service customers on the South Coast, Albury, Wagga and as far as Sydney.”
Genie has proven critical to the growth of ACH. “Our expansion beyond the ACT is directly attributable to the support of Genie. “For example, when we are required to complete mandatory services or attend a job site in Sydney the team at Genie complete these services on our behalf.”
Genie supplies 80% of ACH’s booms, according to Hunter. ACH recently added a couple of telehandlers, including a GTH-2506 and GTH-3007, to its fleet. “When it comes to telehandlers, we hadn’t thought of using Genie before,” Hunter said. “However, given the record of Genie for support and backup, we decided to give their telehandlers a chance and to date they have been very successful.”
“Genie provides quality products and the highest after sale support due to their efficient internal processes and quality trained technicians. Their complete aftermarket maintenance service is unmatched,” he added.
The Genie online training is another tick in the box for ACH. “They do online and face-to-face training and we have a very good sales representative in Brent Markwell, who always does what he says he will do.”
- Terex Financial Services
- Customer feedback reveals that Genie service training is a hit
- Genie technical support keeps its clients fleets on hire for longer
- New Genie Sales Manager for QLD and PNG
- Genie® GS-69 line now comes with proportional lowering
- Report on the Asia Pacific Region Autumn 2015
- General Manager's Message - Autumn 2015
- Quality products and aftermarket service are assets for ACT hire company
- Genie delivers first SX-180 boom lift to an Australian company
- Force improves ordering efficiencies by up to 20% with Genie online portal
- Save the date for the HRIA 2015 Convention Destination Success
- ARA Rental Show - in New Orleans February 2015
- Genie expands its customer support in Darwin as Inpex moves to next stage
- 'First on and last off' with the new Genie® GS-69BE hybrid scissor lift series