Access Hire SA Gives Online Portal Improvements the Thumbs up
Thursday 16 July 2015 @ 09:20
Part of the Access Group of Companies, Access Hire SA is a market leader in providing elevated work platforms, telehandlers, forklifts, reach stackers, generators and lighting towers, boasting one of Australia’s largest privately owned fleets of world leading brands such as Genie.
The Access Group launched an office in Adelaide in 2006 with 80 Genie® machines. Today its South Australian business has one of the largest fleets of Genie® machines in Australasia, according to Ben Haggett, Service Manager, Access Hire SA. “We have machines right across the Genie range including the new Genie® SX-180 boom lift,” he says.
“We recommend Genie® products because they are operator-friendly and come with great after-service support. They are also reliable onsite with minimal breakdowns” says Haggett.
In keeping with Genie’s extensive three-year strategy to provide industry-best aftermarket support, we recently unveiled a major improvement to the Genie internet parts portal, which is proving to be a major time saver for our customers. The portal enables customers to place an order directly through the Genie online parts portal rather than having to generate an order for stock and parts by email, as was the case previously. “The Genie Parts Portal is by far the easiest and most informative portal among the access equipment manufacturers,” says Haggett. “It’s great because we can input our own purchase order numbers into the portal, so there is no double handling. This works well with our lean management principals.”
“It’s just another user friendly initiative delivered by Genie that lets us see what products are in stock. This helps us speed up our fulfilment processes, as we’re not waiting around for stock. It’s lean and fast.” Said Haggett.
Michael Carmody, National Parts Manager, Terex AWP said, “The portal upgrade is a great result for our customers as it has enabled the ordering of parts through the online portal. The online portal is now truly a one-stop shop for browsing and ordering, which creates significant time savings for our customers."
Over the past three years, the online portal has enabled the Parts Group to slash the time taken to service customer enquiries by 25 percent, according to Carmody.
- Access Hire SA Gives Online Portal Improvements the Thumbs up
- Genie Revs up Customers at HRIA Party
- Genie Material Lifts Prominent in Major Perth Shopping Centre Revamp
- Genie® GS™-1932 scissor lift popular with Access Rentals Customers
- Niche Product Commands High Rental Rates: Genie® GS™-4047 Scissor Lift
- Genie Expands Support in Darwin with new Customer Service Centre
- Crane Access Leasing to the Hire Industry
- Mike Davis Report: Awards Confirm Genie is on the Right Track
- General Manager's Message - Spring 2015
- HRIA Convention Ignites Interest in the new Genie® Z™-33/18 Boom Lift