Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
Thursday 10 December 2015 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
New maintenance protocol streamlines boom lift care
Brisbane, Qld (December 10, 2015) – Genie has designed a new consolidated maintenance protocol that enables customers to complete the entire program for all Genie® S- and Z- boom lift models in less time.
With this new approach, maintenance procedures are reduced, or even eliminated, to save time and labour costs. With high utilisation of rentals fleets across Australia the maintenance protocol for Genie boom lifts provides the flexibility rental comapnies need to keep their equipment on rent longer while making routine tasks a priority.
“We realise that our customers have limited time to take care of maintenance tasks between rentals,” said Mitch Ely, National Operations Manager, Terex AWP. “To make completing routine tasks more manageable, Genie has designed a new approach to maintenance that condenses procedures into one manual for the entire boom family, and has extended service intervals, so the whole process is easier and takes less time to complete.”
Previously, Genie offered 24 separate manuals to help customers maintain their boom lift equipment. With the new maintenance protocol, all of this information is condensed into one, easy-to-use manual.
The one-stop maintenance manual contains complete performance specifications, and a streamlined list of maintenance tasks to ensure that every Genie boom lift spend less time in the shop and more time out on rent.
Genie provides this one-stop maintenance manual in hard copy or digital format for easy integration into custom electronic systems.
In addition, the new protocol includes extended service intervals recommendations. Many periodic procedures for example, have moved from quarterly and semi-annually to annually. Commissioning has changed, too. Rather than performing some of the tasks at the 30-hour mark and some at 50 hours or longer, now all of the commissioning assignments are set for 50 hours and 150 hours.
“Our new protocol will reduce boom maintenance by 10 hours annually and up to a 25 percent reduction in service resources per boom,” added Ely. “That’s some real savings.”
The new Genie protocol also standardises maintenance processes across the entire Genie boom family product line, with more product families to follow suit in 2016.
The new maintenance protocol is available now. Download the new manual for Genie S- and Z-boom lifts at genielift.com or order a hard copy using service part number 1268489.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts