Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
Tuesday 08 March 2016 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
Brisbane, Qld (8 March, 2016) – Marking half a century of serving aerial markets around the world, Genie, the Aerial Work Platforms (AWP) segment of Terex Corporation, is celebrating the major milestone anniversary with its customers worldwide.
Underscoring its 50-year legacy, Genie has become a truly global presence, operating in 80 countries, including Australia and New Zealand, making it the number one aerial work platform manufacturer in the world*.
“This is a fantastic result for Genie, which was founded when Bud Bushnell bought the manufacturing rights to a material lift that operated on compressed air,” said Brad Lawrence, General Manager Australia, Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP).
“Customers seemed to be impressed with the “magic in the bottle” that was used to raise and lower the hoist — hence, the ‘Genie’ name was born.”
As demand for material lifts and aerial work platforms has grown, products such as man-lifts, stick booms, articulated booms, light towers and telehandlers have been added to the Genie® product line.
Underscoring the pervasiveness of Genie, its equipment is used in a variety of industries and applications worldwide, including rental, aviation, construction, entertainment, government and military, industrial, as well as warehouse and retail.
“From the very beginning, Genie has been working to develop products that solve our customers' worksite challenges — and that process never ends,” says Lawrence.
“Our team of product managers and engineers use customers’ inputs to design new products, featuring the latest technology to meet changing needs. We manufacture our products to stringent standards that help increase quality, lower costs and provide a high rental return on invested capital (rROIC).”
Since 1966, Genie has gone above and beyond in its product development efforts, focusing on what customers need to be successful in their industries and applications — Genie innovations are changing the market and setting the industry standard for quality, reliability and safety in aerial lift equipment.
Over the last five decades, Genie has become known for developing innovative products that make working at height more productive, including the:
- Hydraulic push-around lifts featuring a unique interlocking mast design. These evolved to AWP push-arounds that became an industry favourite, due to their ground entry for operators and portability on jobsites.
- Articulating Z™-Boom Lift category. Genie introduced the Z-30/20 model in 1985, which launched the company into the rental market.
- 40-ft Scissors: Genie offers more full-drive height models than its competitors, including the GS™-4069 and GS-4047 models.
- Genie SX-180 Boom Lift: Genie was the first to market with the world’s tallest, self-propelled boom.
- X-Chassis: This expanding axle design revolutionised the mechanism for extending and retracting the axles on Genie booms to and from the stowed position.
- Active Oscillating Axles: This feature allows Genie boom operators to safely maintain contact with the ground on uneven and undulating surfaces, enabling the unit to retain maximum power and torque.
Genie also set new industry standards for many widely adopted products and technologies, including dual parallelogram, rotating, fully articulating and extending jibs, true crab steering and the TraX™ track drive system.
Moreover, the AWP leader has no plans to slow its progress in “Building the Future,” according to Lawrence.
“We’ve got brand-new ideas that we’ll be turning into reality within the next two years. We never stop moving forward — we keep taking our customers and their businesses higher,” he said.
“In the next 50 years, we’ll continue to reach new heights, fit into new classifications and categories and continue to increase our customers’ rROIC,” he finished.
*Based on 2014 aerial work platform global equipment revenue (Access International, May/June 2015). Includes powered access manufacturers. Excludes telehandlers and manufacturers of non-powered access equipment.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts