Genie delivers first SX-180 boom lift to an Australian company
Monday 16 February 2015 @ 14:29
In a landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry, and for GENIE, in November we delivered the first Genie® SX™-180 self-propelled boom lift to be ordered by an Australian company – to hire equipment firm Top End Access in Darwin.
At a gala event on 21st November, the Genie® SX-180 boom lift, purchased by Top End Access, was officially launched by Northern Territory Attorney-General, the Hon Minister John Elferink MLA. During the ceremony he unveiled a plaque commemorating the arrival, and commissioning, of this astonishing piece of equipment.
Being capable of telescoping to an unprecedented 56.7m (186 ft) working height, the Genie SX-180 is the highest-reaching boom lift made by Terex AWP. It has been under development for a number of years, and in mid-2014 became a reality. Top End Access placed an order for one in 2013, the first Australian company to do so, and is delighted that its Genie SX-180 boom lift – Australia’s first - has now been delivered.
Terex AWP Regional Sales Manager Michael Scott said, “We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this Genie SX-180 boom lift, and we are immensely proud and excited that it is finally here. We also think Darwin is an ideal location for the SX-180 boom lift - there are multiple opportunities there for its unprecedented capabilities.
“The Genie SX-180 boom lift is ideally suited for a huge range of industries – construction, maintenance, telecommunications, gas and oil refineries and large utilities. It also has a wide working envelope giving it unique versatility.” Michael added.
Echoing these sentiments, Top End Access’s General Manager, Geoff Guy said, “Taking delivery of the SX-180 boom lift shows the faith our firm’s directors have in the company, and also in the Northern Territory in general. They believe the Northern Territory is continuing to grow and develop, and they want to make sure they’re at the forefront of having the right access equipment available to meet the needs of the customer.
“The Genie SX-180 boom lift fits in perfectly with Top End Access’s motto of ‘Get Higher, Safer, Sooner.’ With its unique features, it will enable users to do just that.
“We expect the SX-180 boom lift to be utilised quite vigorously by local mining and construction operations, but its use is not limited to just those two sectors. Our Genie SX-180 boom lift is now ready for hire, and we anticipate interest from many areas – where getting safe access to great heights is required,” Geoff said.
- Terex Financial Services
- Customer feedback reveals that Genie service training is a hit
- Genie technical support keeps its clients fleets on hire for longer
- New Genie Sales Manager for QLD and PNG
- Genie® GS-69 line now comes with proportional lowering
- Report on the Asia Pacific Region Autumn 2015
- General Manager's Message - Autumn 2015
- Quality products and aftermarket service are assets for ACT hire company
- Genie delivers first SX-180 boom lift to an Australian company
- Force improves ordering efficiencies by up to 20% with Genie online portal
- Save the date for the HRIA 2015 Convention Destination Success
- ARA Rental Show - in New Orleans February 2015
- Genie expands its customer support in Darwin as Inpex moves to next stage
- 'First on and last off' with the new Genie® GS-69BE hybrid scissor lift series