Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
Tuesday 30 June 2015 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
30 June 2015
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
As part of its commitment to providing industry-best aftermarket support, Genie recently unveiled a major improvement to its online parts portal, which is proving a major boon for the leading access equipment manufacturer’s customers.
Systems enhancements enable customers to place an order directly through the Genie online parts portal rather than having to generate an order for stock and parts by email, as was the case previously.
The enhancement makes ordering Genie® parts quicker and easier for customers, and as a sign of its take up, sales via the online parts portal doubled in May.
Mark Shea, National Group Parts Manager, Forcecorp, a leader in access equipment hire solutions, said, “The Genie parts portal is good because it delivers timely information when we need it and has delivered significant efficiencies in terms of processing customer orders.”
Forcecorp, a leading hire solutions group counts firms operating in the mining, building and construction sectors among its core client base, is using the online portal extensively and was the first Genie customer to hit 10,000 and then 50,000 parts enquiries.
“The new initiative is fantastic as now we can raise a purchase order directly through the portal, receive the order confirmation immediately, with the part delivered the next day,” said Shea.
“Genie already delivers high quality products for our fleet, and excellent supply rates, which are consistently in the high 90 percent range, so the online portal is yet another winning initiative as it has helped enhance the speed by which we can fulfill our orders.”
In the past, Forcecorp ordered its parts through the Genie parts facility in Queensland.
“However if the issue arises in Darwin, for example, we can use the portal to check if a local facility has the appropriate part. This can save significant time and freight expenses.
“The Parts Portal makes our purchasing decisions even easier as we know that Genie has the product, the price we’ll pay for it, and the delivery times, which are all the tools we need to support our own customers.”
“The ability to buy directly via the Genie online portal reduces any reason for us to shop anywhere else for access equipment. This in turn enables us to get on with the job of servicing our own clients, which also gives them no reason to look elsewhere.”
Michael Carmody, National Parts Manager, Terex AWP said, “The portal upgrade is a great result for our customers. The online portal is now truly a one-stop shop for browsing and ordering, which creates significant time savings for our customers.”
“In 2011, orders were predominantly taken over the telephone, and we had no real way of calculating customer waiting times.
“Over the past three years, the online portal has enabled the Parts Group to slash the time taken to service customer enquiries by 25 percent,” said Mr Carmody.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts