Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
Monday 23 November 2015 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
New “Versatile Workhorse” provides full capacity in complete working envelope
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA (Nov 23, 2015) – Genie continues to round out its Super Boom product family by announcing the new Genie® SX-150 telescopic boom lift.
Offering uncompromising productivity, reliability and serviceability, this boom lift provides industry-leading capacity through the full working envelope. The new SX-150 boom lift is a fit for construction, maintenance, telecommunications, gas and oil refineries, chemical maintenance, and large utility applications.
“We are continuing to answer customer needs by adding value to our Super Boom product line with the new SX-150. We consider this boom lift to be a ‘versatile workhorse’ that is tremendously durable for challenging environments,” said Brad Lawrence, General Manager Australia, Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP). “It’s a cost effective choice to reach challenging jobsite applications while still ensuring the quality and reliability Genie customers have come to expect.”
Offering excellent productivity benefits, the SX-150 boom lift reaches its full platform height of 46.33 m (152 ft) in under three minutes. The boom offers four programmable height settings of 45.72 m (150 ft), 41.15 m (135 ft), 36.58 m (120 ft) and 30.48 m (100 ft) for rental versatility, and a 3.05 m (10 ft) horizontal and vertical rotating jib allows for quick local repositioning of the platform. With a horizontal outreach of 24.38 m (80 ft), this boom also offers 21.34 m (70 ft) of outreach at 36.58 m (120 ft) of platform height. The SX-150 boom lift provides unrestricted range of motion with a lift capacity of 340 kg (750 lbs) for a maximum of two people. A standard 7.5 kW on-board generator powers tools.
Weighing 22997 kg (50,700 lbs), with a tail swing (axles extended) of 1.07 m (3 ft 6 in) and ground clearance of 0.38 m (15 in), the boom lift is transportable on a standard trailer; no over-size permits are required.
The boom uses an identical, field-proven chassis design as employed on the SX-180 and ZX-135 boom lifts. External sensors and manifolds are protected under steel covers that are easily removed providing excellent service access. The unit uses a Deutz® Tier 4 interim engine. The rotating jib worm drive reduces backlash while increasing reliability and offers 60 degrees of horizontal motion for increased working area. The SX-150 boom lift contains hydraulic hard lines wherever possible to increase durability while a hydraulic filtration system ensures cleanliness.
“Genie® products are known for their serviceability, and the SX-150 boom lift is no exception. This product was designed with the service technician in mind,” said Lawrence.
All manifolds offer easy wrench access while a swing out engine tray provides easy service or maintenance access. The boom features easy to reach hydraulic filters, with a drop-in return filter for easy cleaning and replacement, as well as bulkhead mount hydraulic lines, so hoses can be removed and replaced in one piece. The boom extend system features a cylinder and wire rope cartridge for fast service or replacement.
The Genie SX-150 boom lift will be available in Australia Q1 2016. Call your local sales representative for more information.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts