Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
Tuesday 22 March 2016 @ 09:26
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
Brisbane, Qld (22 March 2016) – Genie, a market leader in Australia’s Elevated Work Platforms (EWP) industry, has developed three revolutionary new telehandlers featuring updated engines, enhanced capabilities, improved serviceability and more interchangeable components and accessories.
The new range comprises the compact Genie® GTH™-2506, the high-reach Genie GTH-4014 and the Genie GTH-4018 telehandlers.
“Each model offers the high quality and productivity that customers expect from Genie equipment to support their needs in the construction, waste handling, recycling, industrial and logistics sectors,” said Mike Randle, Terex Aerial Work Platforms Australia, Engineering Manager.
Updated features of the new telehandlers include:
- Fully integrated load management system featuring 7-inch colour display with dynamic load chart with reversing camera and optional forward and side cameras
- New capabilities include increased lifting heights, improved load lifting performance, increased manoeuvrability and enhanced drivability over rough terrain
- Greater serviceability from a series of innovations make service and maintenance easier
- New commonalities provided by more interchangeable components and accessories across the GTH telehandler range
- New livery means these units have the rugged new generation Genie look, which stays looking smarter for longer
- New emissions standards thanks to these units’ new Stage IIIB engines
Two categories adapted to specific applications: Compact and High Reach
The Genie GTH-2506 compact telehandler provides a lifting height of up to 5.79 m (19 ft), a maximum lifting capacity of 2,500 kg (5,511 lbs) and a lifting capacity of 2,000 kg (4,409 lbs) at maximum height.
“Thanks to its compact dimensions, this machine is particularly well-suited to perform a wide range of indoor and outdoor construction, renovation, masonry, landscaping and industrial tasks,” said Randle.
The two high-reach telehandlers, the Genie GTH-4014 and Genie GTH-4018, offer lifting heights of up to 13.57 m (44 ft 6 in) and 17.61 m (57 ft), a maximum lifting capacity of 4,000 kg (8,818 lbs) and a lifting capacity of 3,000 kg (6,614 lbs) and 2,000 kg (4,409 lbs) at maximum height, providing increased lifting performance on outriggers. Their long reach, class-leading outside turning radius, overall machine width and excellent drivability give operators the ability to work more productively at construction tasks up to five or six floors high or tasks such as masonry in congested and confined spaces.
New spacious, ergonomic cab and highly intuitive controls
The new Genie telehandler series combines productivity with operator comfort, according to Randle. The cab has been redesigned to include optional and standard features including an air suspension operator seat, improved joystick ergonomics, a tinted top view front window, a large glove box and manual holder inside the door, plus a repositioned air conditioning duct to optimise operator comfort.
New control features include an electrically controlled parking brake operated by an intuitive switch on the dashboard, which delivers excellent braking efficiency. For jobsite safety, excellent visibility from inside the cab, provides operators the wide field of vision they need.
New reinforced components that reduce cost of ownership
“Based on feedback from customers, we have introduced several small yet innovative solutions to the GTH telehandler series that help reduce costs every day,” said Randle. The machines now offer features that help minimise damage, such as rubber or steel mudguards, a toughened spring back and folding rear view mirror, and tough steel-protected front and rear lights.
New simplified serviceability features to boost profitability
“Combining energy efficiency with ease of operation, all models notably include innovative serviceability features that make maintenance and troubleshooting faster and easier,” said Randle. The valve bank, fuel tank, radiator, filters and greasing points are all positioned within easy reach. Hydraulic boom greasing points are also simple to access. Even the engine covers are designed to open at just the right angle for comfortable access during inspections and maintenance.
Common components and accessories across the range for added value
The use of common components and accessories are a winning solution for construction professionals, operators, rental companies and manufactures alike. In addition to reducing storage costs, it streamlines operator and technical training. Whether it’s a Genie Compact or High Reach telehandler, the same training applies, which improves productivity in the field.
Genie has left no stone unturned, subjecting the three new telehandlers to testing that is the equivalent of 10 years’ operation in the jobsite environment. The result is a range that provides the reliability, durability and versatility that operators require, and improved rROIC that rental companies have already started experiencing.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts