Genie Upgrades to New Victorian Location With Enhanced Heavy Maintenance Capabilities
Thursday 31 March 2016 @ 13:40
Reinforcing its reputation as the best team in the EWP industry, Genie has shifted its Melbourne operation, which includes its heavy maintenance facility, into a brand-new, purpose-built location in Dandenong South, in the city’s south eastern suburbs.
The heavy maintenance facility has been established as part of the ground breaking Genie 360 Support initiative and it will join other Genie business units include the Victorian sales team and the Parts and Service departments at the firm’s new location at Logis Boulevard, Dandenong South.
“With the introduction of our heavy maintenance facilities, we have added dedicated resources to major inspections, which provides increased support to our customers,” said David Greene, Regional Sales Manager, Victoria/ Tasmania, Terex AWP. “For our Victorian customers, this new facility has a overhead gantry crane, which we didn’t have before. This will enable us to carry out major inspections and heavy maintenance repairs of EWP equipment.”
Tim Merritt, Customer Support Manager, Genie said that heavier equipment up to 135 foot booms can now be repaired and maintained at the new facility. “In addition, we can split the maintenance of the heavier machines away from the operations of our general workshop,” said Merritt. “This in turn means our field service technicians no longer have to involve themselves in the heavier work. They’ve been freed up to focus more on our customers in the field.”
Operating under one roof with other Terex business units
Genie will be sharing the new facility, which is located in a brand new industrial precinct, with a number of other Terex businesses including Terex Cranes and Terex Minerals Processing Systems, which manufactures crushing and screening equipment. “It’s a tremendous move by Terex to house a number of its businesses under the one roof, especially with those customers in mind, who own our cranes and EWP products,” said Greene.
The location of the new facility is another plus. “It’s just a minute’s drive to the EastLink Freeway, which gives us a very fast run into the centre of Melbourne, the port and the airport,” said Greene.
- Genie 360 Support Product Feature: Genie Lift Pro – Machine Specific Operator Training
- Genie 360 Support Sets New Industry Benchmark for Customer Service
- General Manager's Message - Winter 2016
- Genie Clocks Up 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Lift Pro Prevention the Best Medicine Says UGL Kentz
- Genie Upgrades to New Victorian Location With Enhanced Heavy Maintenance Capabilities
- Genie Celebrates the First Local Sale of the Z-33/18 Boom Lift
- All West Plant Hire Expands with Genie
- GS-4047 Scissor Lift Proves its Worth in the Field for Uphire
- New Aluminium Distributor for Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia Stocks Up