Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
Tuesday 28 June 2016 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
Brisbane, Qld (28 June 2016) - Genie, a market leader in Australia’s Aerial Work Platforms (AWP) industry, is setting a new benchmark for heavy maintenance efficiencies and customer service with Genie® 360 Support.
“Genie 360 Support takes care of every aspect of our customer’s AWP needs from initial sales and service through to technical support, operating training, and the comprehensive management of their ageing fleet, including heavy maintenance repairs,” said Mitch Ely, Genie National Operations Manager, Terex AWP.
Genie has invested in state-of- the-art heavy maintenance inspection facilities in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth. These facilities are purpose-built for 10-year inspections and heavy maintenance repairs, as well as complementing the AWP leader’s chain of customer support centres around Australia.
New inspection specs and data-driven processes
The current Australia Standard AS2550.10 stipulates the use of manufacturer’s specifications as the primary guideline for the inspection process, according to Ely.
“At Genie, we’re developing our own specifications for major inspections, and this will revolutionise the way 10-year major inspections are carried out in Australia,” he said.
Genie machine performance data is the basis for the inspection and heavy maintenance processes.
“We have a lot of data about how our machines perform over their lifecycle in Australia. We’re also using data from the U.S. to help validate the inspection criteria,” said Ely.
Unrivalled pre-market testing is critical for speedy inspections
Customers have the assurance that before a Genie product enters the market, the prototype has undergone a range of tests to validate the design. Longer term, meticulous testing will deliver speedier major inspections.
“When a new scissor lift model, for example, is designed and built, the lifting mechanism must undertake a rigorous cycle program which will push the components through the machines expected life cycle,” said Ely. “The combination of a rich data pool and thorough testing enables Genie to methodically revise its procedures for major inspections to ensure they are efficient, cost-effective, reduce downtime and improve a machine’s ROI over its lifetime.”
Furthermore, Genie’s vast experience means that the company is developing safe operating procedures for major inspections for all of it products. “This gives us consistency across all our heavy maintenance facilities and has enabled us to develop a recommended parts list for major inspections,” said Ely.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts