New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
Wednesday 07 September 2016 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
Sydney, NSW (7 September 2016) - Genie Australia, a market leader in Australia’s Aerial Work Platforms (AWP) industry, has announced Platform Sales Australia as the new distributor of Genie® aluminium products in NSW and the ACT.
Platform Sales is taking the full range of material lifts and AWP series equipment of push around vertical lifts manufactured by Genie to market, including the Genie Lift (GLs), Superlift® Advantage (SLAs), Superlift Contractor™ (SLCs) and Super Hoist™ (GHs) models.
The latest agreement with Genie takes the Platform Sales narrative the full circle for Directors David Collins and John Lyon, who launched the Sydney-based firm with the support of the AWP leader, almost a decade ago.
“We were approached to sell Genie products after growing our own reputation for importing specialised EWP products,” said Mr Collins.
“As one of the first retail agencies to represent Genie in Sydney, it is fitting the new alliance leaves Platform Sales distributing the full range of aluminium products, thus cementing our long-standing relationship.”
Genie is a brand and market leader
Genie is a formidable brand, and the best in the market for material lifts and access equipment, according to Mr Collins.
“We have never associated ourselves with products purely to make a quick sale. It’s about quality in this industry, and if you don’t have reliable machines, you’ll end up paying for it,” he said.
“If there are product problems or warranty issues, this creates complications for distributors. However, this is never an issue with Genie, thanks to its high-levels of service and support that are recognised as the best worldwide.”
Working with a global company is another tick for Genie, according to Collins. “U.S.-designed products are important as they give us confidence we are marketing reliable, high calibre machines. Ultimately, you have to be happy with the products you are selling.”
“Moving forward it is clear the strong Genie and Platform Sales relationship will continue to provide rental companies with highly reputable, quality machines across NSW and the ACT, and we are looking forward to building this partnership.”
Brent Markwell, Regional Sales Manager NSW/ACT, is delighted Platform Sales has linked with Genie as an aluminium distributor.
“David Collins and John Lyon have a proven marketing strategy and are very highly placed when it comes to search engine enquiries,” said Mr Markwell.
“They are the perfect fit as our aluminium distributor in NSW and the ACT because they are very passionate about our products.”
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts