New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
Wednesday 14 September 2016 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
Brisbane, Queensland (14 September 2016) - Genie Australia, a market leader in Australia’s Aerial Work Platforms (AWP) industry, has introduced a raft of consolidated maintenance protocols, as part of its innovative Genie 360 Support program, that will potentially reduce the maintenance costs of a Genie scissor or boom lift by up to 25%.
“Genie 360 Support takes care of every aspect of our customer’s AWP needs from initial sales and service through to technical support, operator training, and maintenance,” said Mitch Ely, Genie National Operations Manager, Terex AWP.
“By carefully scrutinising the maintenance criteria on Genie machines, analysing their operating histories, warranty data, customer feedback, design criteria and overall performance of a particular machine class, we have reduced some of our maintenance requirements.
“These schedule amendments will save money for our customers, slash down time in the workshop and generate more productivity, which is what Genie 360 Support is all about.
“For example, 250 hours was a standard trigger for an engine service for all Genie elevated work platforms. After reviewing engine performance data, we were comfortable with extending this service interval out to 500 hours. For customers with large Genie fleets their return on investment will be increased due to less parts expenditure and improved utilisation.”
Similarly, the requirement for hydraulic oil replacement was every 2 years, a procedure, which can be costly for rental companies, according to Ely. Under the new schedule, Genie is recommending the replacement of hydraulic oil only as required.
“Likewise some of our products operate reduction hubs in the wheels. Previously, the reduction hub oil was changed annually. Now it’s changed every two years,” he said.
“By extending certain parts of our maintenance schedules, we are reducing maintenance running costs by up to 25% and reducing hours off the time the machines are out of action in workshops.”
As part of the ongoing AWP leader’s commitment to continuous improvement, Genie separated the maintenance requirements from the service manuals and consolidated these into one maintenance manual for boom and scissors respectively, said Ely.
“The decision to consolidate the manuals and extend service schedules reflects the Genie focus on continuous improvement, which the company lives and breathes by.
“We apply lean principles to everything we do, and consolidating of our maintenance requirements into one maintenance handbook, is a perfect example of the Genie customer value proposition in action.”
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts