Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
Wednesday 03 April 2013 @ 15:01
Redesigned GENIE® ZX™-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
One of the best and most popular Genie® products in the Australian market, just got better with the introduction of the new Genie® ZX™-135/70 articulating boom.
The 41 m (135 ft) boom has been significantly redesigned, with important improvements in reliability, performance, operator features and serviceability. The Genie ZX-135/70 is already in production and will be available for purchase in the Australian market during the second half of 2013.
“The Genie ZX-135/70 is an important step toward the introduction of a new family of next generation aerials,” said Brad Lawrence, General Manager for Genie Australia.
“The ZX-137/70 is already a very popular model in the Australasian market. Our customers will be delighted with many of the new ground-breaking designs and products that we are introducing now and in the near future.”
The ZX-135/70 offers industry-leading versatility in the self-propelled 120-135 foot market. The boom features a maximum platform height of 41 m (135 ft), 21.3 m (69 ft. 9 in) of horizontal outreach, and an unmatched 23.0 m (75 ft) of up-and-over clearance.
The ZX-135/70 features a new and exclusive X-Chassis™ design. This revolutionary design provides a wider footprint and reduces occupied floor pressure by 30 percent. The boom lift’s axles extend to a 5.2 m (17 ft) width and retract to 2.4 m (8 ft), requiring no over-width highway permits. The robust, box-section axles pivot from vertical mounting pins, providing easy and reliable machine set-up, with excellent hose and hard line protection throughout.
The new extending jib is distinctive, providing exceptional access by extending from a retracted length of 3.7 m (12 ft) to an extended length of 6.1 m (20 ft). This new design provides access to “up, over, and in” applications inaccessible by a traditional jib.
Platform controls have been updated with new toggle switches and a tactile membrane surface, and feature proportional Hall-effect joysticks for all major functions. The advantages of Hall-effect joysticks are that they have fewer moving parts and all adjustments are stored on one control card at the ground control station. The new tri-axis joystick controls the primary boom’s up/down, extend/retract and turntable rotate movements, while a second tri-axis joystick controls the jib’s up/down, extend/retract and platform rotate movements.
The self-supporting cable track has been strengthened with updated hose and cable runs and is capable of supporting platform options such as the heavy duty welder, weld leads, platform work lights and/or air lines.
The Genie ZX-135 articulating boom lift provides easy access for numerous serviceability points, with hard lines for increased protection. New angle sensors feature larger resolution margins for improved calibration stability.
“The new Genie ZX-135 has been significantly improved and updated, and is clearly the standard of the industry in the large, articulated boom market,” said Brad Lawrence.
“Customers will experience a new level of aerial boom lift performance, reliability and ease of operation with the new Genie ZX-135.”
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer of a broad range of equipment that is focused on delivering reliable, customer-driven solutions for many applications, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility and manufacturing industries. Terex reports in five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Construction; Cranes; Material Handling & Port Solutions; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of equipment through Terex Financial Services. More information can be found at www.terex.com.
Genie Australia Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 7 3456 4420
Mobile +61 4844 3364
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts