UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
Friday 24 June 2016 @ 00:00
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Relations Contact: Anthony O’Brien
Phone: +61 411 578 818
Darwin, NT (24 June 2016) – UGL Kentz JV has significantly improved machine downtime, operator efficiency and reduced the prospect of asset damage at its Ichthys MEC-1 Project site in Darwin after commissioning Genie to conduct a round of its comprehensive Genie® Lift Pro™ Machine Specific Operator Training. UGL Kentz JV is responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction of the onshore facilities at Ichthys, including the gas processing plant at Blaydin Point.
The engineering firm, which regularly reviews its EWP operator training, determined a round of training prevention would safeguard its fleet in Darwin. It subsequently, appointed Genie to deliver its innovative Genie Lift Pro operator training program, to 60 operators working onsite at Ichthys.
“We considered the length of training we were doing on machines, such as the Genie ZX™-135 boom lift, and we thought it was pretty constant,” said Mike Tuckerman, HSES Manager, UGL Kentz Ichthys MEC-1 Project Darwin. “We have our own high-risk trainers, but it was fantastic to have the subject experts from Genie on-site. We put everyone qualified to operate a Genie ZX-135 or Genie SX-180 boom lift through the training, and the feedback was excellent.”
Tuckerman said Genie Lift Pro training improved operator skill levels and will minimise asset damage. “The more we build on the site, the more restricted becomes the space the EWPs must operate within,” he said. “Before the training, we were sometimes bumping safety baskets against some of the assets. This isn’t happening anymore. There is also less machine downtime and improved productivity.”
The professionalism and service delivered by Genie was world-class, according to Tuckerman, who has authorised Genie Lift Pro training for another 190 operators at the Darwin site.
“You want this sort of partnership with your stakeholders on such a mega project as Ichthys. It really was a preventative action, which has taken our training to the next level,” said Tuckerman.
The onsite tuition was led professionally by Mal McIntosh Quality, Genie Training and Technical Support Manager Asia Pacific, Terex AWP Australia, who believes every operator left the Genie Lift Pro training with an enhanced knowledge of the Genie equipment.
“The training was four hours long, yet some of the operators considered they had received the equivalent of a day’s worth of knowledge and training,” said McIntosh.
The face-to-face training provided McIntosh with valuable insights into the safety measures used by some operators to operate the Genie ZX-135 boom lifts.
“Through Genie Lift Pro training, we aim to promote a wider understanding of the safety processes built into our machines and to ensure the normal operational functions become second nature to operators. We also want to make sure operators are not getting into situations that could be avoided,” McIntosh said.
- Rental firms seek out equipment financing specialists as banks tighten lending
- New Genie® maintenance schedules slash costs by up to 25%
- New Genie distributor to build strong platform for aluminium products in NSW and ACT
- Annual customer event marks 50 years for Genie and the launch of Genie 360 Support
- Genie® 360 Support revolutionises AWP heavy maintenance
- UGL Kentz JV Trains 60 Operators with GenieR Lift ProT Machine Specific Operator Training
- ‘Genie 360 Support’ Revolutionises EWP Industry
- Genie Launches Next Generation Telehandlers
- Genie Celebrates 50 Years of “Building the Future”
- Genie Announces New Approach To Preventive Maintenance
- Genie Bolsters Aftermarket Service With Appointment Of New Customer Support Manager – Parts
- Genie Extends Super Boom Product Line With New Sx-150 Boom Lift
- Genie Rockets Customers Into Horsepower Heaven At HRIA Party
- Access Service Australia To Expand Genie® Aluminum Product Distribution In WA and NSW
- Genie Enhances Customer Parts Ordering With Online Portal Innovations
- HRIA Convention Ignites Customer Interest In Four New Genie® Products
- Genie announces the Australian release of its outstanding new Z™-62/40 articulating boom lift
- Terex AWP Extends Management Team with Key Appointments
- New Genie® Z™-33/18 boom to lift efficiencies in airports, theatres and shopping centres
- New Genie® Hybrid Scissor Lift series offers unmatched versatility and jobsite performance
- Genie® Operator Protection Systems in Australia
- Landmark moment for the Australian equipment hire industry
- Zero Harm Keeps the Best Team Healthy
- Genie Announces Organisational Changes
- Genie Dedicates 2014 to Service Excellence
- 50,000 Part Search Milestone
- Senior Appointments
- IPAF SUMMIT 2014 - Genie® SX-180 boom lift receives IAPA 2014 Product of the Year Award
- Genie wows Customers on the Gold Coast
- Genie SX-180 - The Most Popular Demonstration at The Show
- Genie Steals The Show at Hire14
- Genie Launches Giant Boom on Gold Coast at HIRE 14
- New Genie 180-Foot Boom Lift is a Capital Idea for Contractor Erecting Ferris Wheel
- Genie Leads The Way With On-Line Support Programs
- Genie - The Original Material Lifts
- Genie Launches Rugged Lighting Towers
- Genie wins the Association of Washington Business Manufacturing Excellence Award for innovation
- Genie® Equipment Excels In Mining Segment
- Two New Genie Scissors Redefine Access Options Indoor & Outdoor
- Genie unveils world's tallest self-propelled boom at Bauma 2013
- Redesigned GENIE® ZX-135/70 Articulating Boom Lift Offers Significant Improvements
- Wire Rope replacement Extended to 10 Years for Select Genie® Boom Lifts